Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Book Review- The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian (Conan the Cimmerian #1) by Robert E. Howard

 Alright, after reading H.P. Lovecraft and Clark Ashton Smith I knew I had to read Robert E. Howard as well and where better to start than with the legendary Conan?  I wasn't sure what I expected even with everything I've heard (and watched) about Conan but I was actually pretty happy with it, surprisingly.  I wish more than 3 women would be anything other than helpless slaves or terrified runaways and I really got tired of Conan's "Kiss me, girl," quotes (maybe Howard's Sword Woman will make up for that when I read it) but the action scenes and the execution of the stories I thought were well done.  I have bought a few other non-Conan books by Howard, so I look forward to seeing what else he can do with other characters.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment