Friday, March 1, 2019

Joyce Carol Oates Reading

One of the cool things about working at the only college bookstore for 8 different colleges, is getting to sell books at author reading events that happen around the campuses.  Joyce Carol Oates was one such event.


I was actually sad to learn that her reading was happening on my day off and that I would not be the one selling her books at the event, but then it occurred to me that I could just go and actually sit and watch the reading with my hot date, Kyle, and I was instantly better.






She was an excellent reader and speaker and I was pleasantly surprised at how much poetry she read and discussed.  She went on and on about topics and would veer off in different directions but I loved it.


After the reading, I went up to her, got a few books signed, and totally gushed.  I probably spoke way too fast.  But she signed everything and talked more about poetry and horror a bit and she was the sweetest person ever.  It was amazing.







No comments:

Post a Comment