Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Writing Updates

The Withering is done.  The introduction is written, the art is finished, and I am finished with it.  It releases on Walpurgisnacht (April 30th, 2020).  Hopefully, I can reveal the cover to you all soon.  I'm very excited to share that book with you but until I have to market it, I don't want to look at it anymore.

Now that the publisher is communicating with everyone and we're on track with a new release plan, I don't have to focus on those additional older 45 poems anymore, which is a relief.  It's difficult to edit such old poems.  Those can now go on the back burner for a future project.

I can now focus all my attention on Diary of a Vampyress again.  DoaV currently has 56 poems out of a tentative 80 I'm aiming at.  I also spoke with a friend who has agreed to translate a couple more poems into Hungarian for me which will boost it to 59 poems.

I'm trying to cover a lot of Gothic tropes in this collection while still keeping it unique with my own voice.  We'll see how I'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment