Saturday, July 25, 2020

Another Publisher Falls

It is with great sadness that I see Gehenna and Hinnom Books close their doors.  It showed great promise and churned out 2 beautifully published books and a few magazine issues, one of which I had the privilege of being a part of.  C. P. Dunphey was great to work with.  But it just takes one life crisis to throw everything out of whack and even worse when more just pile on until you are drowning.  Gehenna and Hinnom should be the last thing on his mind and I believe he made a good decision in closing it at this time.  Family and health should, of course, come first.  I wish him and his family the absolute best and hope to see Gehenna and Hinnom Books open its doors once more in the future.  Here is his closing announcement.

With that being said, The Withering was released of its contract and will not be published with Gehenna and Hinnom Books.  To be honest, with the lack of communication from the publisher for so long, I was afraid this would happen and sent off The Withering to another publisher months ago.  I still await their judgment.       

2 comments:

  1. I would love to have you as a featured artist on my blog of my poetry platform. Summation52.com

    ReplyDelete