Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Midnight Under the Big Top: Madness, Murder, and Magic by Cemetery Dance Publications

I just received probably one of coolest books I have ever been in and that's Midnight Under the Big Top: Madness, Murder, and Magic by Cemetery Dance Publications.  Unfortunately, this edition is already sold out but I heard there will be another print run of this anthology at some point.  Cemetery Dance was a household name for me growing up as my dad had purchased the lifetime magazine subscription when it first came out.  He died a month before I could tell him I was invited to write for them in this anthology.  I wish I could show it to him.  It features my poem, Beneath the Fullest Moon.  I actually submitted a second poem that was accepted but for some reason, does not appear in it.  I have no idea why.  Check out this killer line-up!



Table of Contents:

ACT ONE:
"The Night of the Tiger" by Stephen King
"Twittering from the Circus of the Dead" by Joe Hill
"The Facts in the Case of the Departure of Miss Finch" by Neil Gaiman
"The Girl in the Carnival Gown" by Kelley Armstrong
"Herd Immunity" by Tananarive Due
"Pickled Punks and the Summer of Love" by Lisa Morton
"Courting the Queen of Sheba" by Amanda C. Davis
"The Circus Reborn" by Nayad Monroe
"The Black Ferris" by Ray Bradbury

POETRY INTERMISSION FEATURING:
Norman Prentiss
G.O. Clark
Marge Simon
Bruce Boston
Robert Payne Cabeen
David E. Cowen 
Alessandro Manzetti
Christina Sng
Stephanie M. Wytovich
K.A. Opperman
Ashley Dioses
Terri Adamczyk

ACT TWO:
"The Great White Way" by Robert McCammon
"Buried Talents" by Richard Matheson
"The Carnival" by Richard Chizmar
"Mr. Bones' Wild Ride" by Billy Chizmar
"Fair Treats" by Jeff Strand
"Smoke & Mirrors" by Amanda Downum
"Circus Maximus" by Robert Brouhard
"Laughable" by Dominick Cancilla
"Count Zardov's Circus and Museum of Terrifying Grotesques" by Heather Graham

THE GRAND FINALE:
Dandy, a short novel by Josh Malerman






No comments:

Post a Comment