Monday, May 2, 2016

LoveCraft Wines Speak Easy Pre-Party and H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival® and CthulhuCon™ San Pedro 2016

The H.P. Lovecraft Film Festival and CthulhuCon this weekend was a freakin blast! This was KA Opperman and my first time vending and it was a lot of fun. We got to meet many people for the first time in person after chatting online frequently and we got to see some familiar faces again as well.

(Our booth!)

(Representing Hippocampus Press!)

(The Weird Poets table.)

(D. L. Myers, Adam Bolivar, K. A. Opperman, and me.)

The Speakeasy was fun.  Kyle and I got to read first and were introduced by Mr. Lovecraft himself, Leeman Kessler.  We were followed by D. L. Myers, Adam Bolivar, Joe Pulver, and magician Scott Michael.

(D. L. Myers)

(Adam Bolivar and D. L. Myers)

(Mini Lovecraft)

(Mini Lovecraft and Adam Bolivar)

(Joe Pulver)

(Leeman Kessler aka Mr. Lovecraft and me)

(Joe Pulver and me)

(Kyle and Joe)

Kyle and I got to sign some autographs on our respective wine bottle labels from Lovecraft Wines.


(Mine and Kyle's wine labels.)

Joe stopped by our booth at the Cthulhu Prayer Breakfast and was nice enough to read my KiY inspired poem, Even Madness Cannot Hide, in Spectral Realms No. 3.  He also signed a few books for me.




Dinner at Denny's with the weird poets and Sean Hoade!

(Sean Hoade, D. L. Myers, and Adam Bolivar)



Sean gave me his Cthulhu Attacks and signed it for me.




And here is some of the beautiful artwork and photography I acquired.


Kyle and I never got to see any of the movies or panels but we had a blast regardless.  Hanging out with our online correspondences that we met for the first time Friday was worth the whole con.  We met a few fans, sold poetry, signed books, and took lots of pictures.     









2 comments: