Saturday, November 4, 2017

Writing Update

As Diary of a Sorceress turns a month old, I've been sluggishly trying to move forward with my next poetry collections.

The Withering, which is a collection of juvenilia poems, currently has 52 poems and is divided up into 4 sections: Nature, Supernatural, Psychological, and Physical.  Unlike Diary of a Sorceress, which contains fantasy and romantic/erotic themes, the Withering is various shades of horror.  Vicseral, raw, gory horror to supernatural to psychological.  Raw fun.

Because the poems in the Withering are old and horribly written, meter and structure-wise, it is agony to edit.  I have no idea when this will be done.  Some poems I have edited and cleaned up so well that I have taken them out of this collection and put them in my other collection, Diary of a Vampyress.

Diary of a Vampyress is my next 'official' collection.  It currently has 23 poems and is roughly divided into 6 sections.  Unlike Diary of a Sorceress, which has sections divided by themes (fantasy, nature, romance/erotica, horror), Diary of a Vamyress is divided by subject, as this collection will be more focused on Gothic and supernatural horror with possibly some dark fantasy elements.   Subjects, so far, include femme fatales, Halloween, Vampires and Werewolves, Witches and Devils, and the Apocalypse.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment