Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Clark Ashton Smith: The Emperor of Dreams Documentary


Friday, Oct. 26th, I headed north about 500 miles to Placerville, CA to watch the Northern California premiere of the Clark Ashton Smith: The Emperor of Dreams documentary filmed by Darin Coelho Spring.  Before the viewing, there was an arrangement of CAS's art as well as a few art pieces by Charles Schneider and Skinner.










Here's Charles' art.



(Charles Schneider and me)

And Skinner's.


This was my third and fourth viewing of it and each time I felt I learned something new that I didn't quite catch the time before.  Unfortunately, none of my interviews made the final cut but you can find me reading The Witch with Eyes of Amber in the Special Features.  I finally got to meet fellow interviewees, Ron Hilger and Charles Schneider, for the first time!

(Me, Darin Coelho Spring, and Charles)

(Me and Ron Hilger)

(Darin and Ron)

(Ron signing liner notes for me.)

(Me, Darin, and Charles)

(Michael Adams)

(Michael and FJM)

(Checking out the crowd.)




       

No comments:

Post a Comment