Thursday, April 30, 2020

Another Release Date Come and Gone

Today, on Walpurgis Eve, I would've had some exciting news to share but instead, I'm apologizing. Today was the second release date for The Withering. I'm sad to say that it will not be released today nor on any foreseeable day in the near future. I'm apologizing to those of you, readers, who have been waiting for this collection, whether you pledged on the Kickstarter or have just been waiting for its release.

The Withering was originally intended to be released in late September last year in time for the H. P. Lovecraft Film Festival.  It was delayed due to reasons stated on this blog entry by the publisher.  After returning from their hiatus, I agreed to still stay on.  Why?  Because The Withering was an Achievement.  You could pledge for my collection and some did.  I felt obligated to stay, for my readers who paid to hit that goal.  But it has been months since I've personally heard from the publisher and now, my release date has come and there is nothing to present.   

I hope to hear from the publisher soon.  I wish him all the luck in the world and hope that a light will shine on his darkest moments.

1 comment: