Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Book Review- Black Wings of Cthulhu 2 edited by S.T. Joshi

I was looking forward to this series and hoped to grab the first one but Barnes and Noble had already swapped out the first with second one, so I got it anyway.  The stories were very interesting and varied in their Lovecraftian themes.  I really want to snag the first one now and continue to get the rest to add to my collection.  I have heard good things about this series and if they're all as awesome as this one, I will be stoked.  A few favorites include the Abject by Richard Gavin, Bloom by John Langan, the Clockwork King, the Queen of Glass, and the Man with the Hundred Knives, Correlated Discontents by Rick Dakan, and Appointed by Chet Williamson.  



3 comments:

  1. loved reading the book I could not put it down from 8pm till 2am in the morning when I finally looked at the clock and thought, I must go to bed, its like it had a take over me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book, I just couldn't put it down, I started reading it at 8pm and the next thing I know is its 1am in the morning, its like it had a hold of me. all the stories amazing but I had to re-read Houndwife over and over AND The Skinless Face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome how books can do that to you. I still need to get the rest of the series. I hope you enjoy my piece in Black Wings VI, if you get it! I'd love to hear what you think when it comes out.

      Delete