Friday, February 5, 2016

Poetry Manuscript Update

Ah, so my poetry manuscript.  I have 92 poems planned to be in it so far.  This number could still change as I find some to cut out or I write more for it, but it won't dramatically change that much.  I have four sections in it; the first is my fantasy/dark fantasy section, the second is my nature section, the third is my romance/erotica section, and my fourth is my horror section.  The fantasy and horror sections definitely both dominate the book.  Out of the 92 poems, 68 have been completely edited.

Kyle has been an enormous help in helping me edit my poems and smoothing out the meter and such.  He goes over my 'final draft' before I send any poem out for markets.  My poems wouldn't be where they are now without his help and guidance.  So after the 24 poems left to be edited, I can give it a final (most likely a few final) look over.  I say that this poetry book should be out this year but in all honesty, it probably won't.  Hippocampus Press still has one poetry book to put out before mine and I hear its progress is slow.  Which is fine, because I still have work to do with mine, but if my poetry does come out this year, I'm sure it'll be late in the year.    

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley,

    I realized I don't have e-mail addresses for you or Kyle, so please forgive this brief hijacking of your comments section.

    I just wanted to apologize for not showing up for your event at Rad Coffee. My wife had had long-standing plans to see old friends of ours and I'd forgotten about it. Anyway, I hope it went great for both of you, and see you at the next paperback show if not before.

    Cheers,

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to your collection!

    ReplyDelete