Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Black Wings VI: New Tales of Lovecraftian Horror by PS Publishing Acceptance!

I only own and have read Black Wings II but enjoyed it enough to want to pursue the rest.  I wrote my first (and only) Lovecraftian story and sent it to S. T., yet even though he liked it, it wasn't Black Wings level.  So I was excited to receive an email from him, some time later, requesting an epic poem be written instead, for the temporarily last volume in the Black Wings series.  The poem had to be between 100 and 300 lines.  I used to love writing long poems but now it seems more difficult for me to do.  It took a while and a lot of concentration to make the poem reach the minimum line count and be something I was happy with.

My poem is called On a Dreamland's Moon and it is about a woman on a mad journey through the Dreamlands to find Nyarlathotep, who she is obsessively in love with.  It is 100 lines, written in a aabab rhyme scheme, and is in iambic pentameter.            

No comments:

Post a Comment