Friday, February 16, 2018

51st California International Antiquarian Book Fair

Kyle and I attended the 51st California International Antiquarian Book Fair in Pasadena on Sunday for the first time and had a blast!  We were happy to see Obadiah Baird, editor of the Audient Void, who came down from Oregon to be a vendor of the Book Bin. 

(Kyle, Obadiah, and me)

I supported the Book Bin by buying a signed edition of Phantoms and Fancies by L. Sprague de Camp. 


Later, we met up with the mysterious Sam L. Edwards, author of Borkchito: Occult Detective.  I was glad I could convince him to join us.

(Sam L. Edwards)

We perused every booth and saw so many cool things.  For instance, I had the privilege to hold in my hands, The Hornbook of Witches by Leah Bodine Drake.  And glimpse hand-written manuscripts by H. P. Lovecraft and spy Clark Ashton Smith's signature.  I found a very nice copy of Dreams from R'lyeh and snagged that.  We also found some questionable titles which only confirmed my belief that I am, in fact, a deity this whole time.... ;) 

(Deity it is then!)


   


No comments:

Post a Comment