Friday, January 15, 2016

Winter Horror Days Book Signing



Kyle and I had the opportunity to be involved in a book signing for Winter Horror Days by Omnium Gatherum at Dark Delicacies this past Sunday.  It was stressful getting there and getting ready for it but once we were there it was so much fun.  We had assigned seats based chronologically by page number, except for Kyle, who they forgot to add.  He was added to the end of the table I was at.  Amber Benson, who played Tara in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, was also there, signing her latest novel.  She sat across from me and I eventually had the nerve to get up and get her to autograph my bag and grab a picture with her.


(Amber Benson!)


(She signed as Tara as well!)

I had to remind myself I was there to give autographs not get them.  So I gave my copy of Winter Horror Days to my best friend Michelle, who came to support me, and asked her to get everyone's autograph for me.

(The awesome Michelle.)

There was quite a few people there and we ended up selling out of the book which is awesome!  Dennis Etchison was there as well but I didn't get to talk to him as much.  He did say that his story Extended Stay was going to be out in Nightmare Magazine and that he mentions Kyle and I as being part of the group of people he was with when we discussed making a story with that title.  I can't we to see that!




(Kyle, The Behrg, David Gerrold, Kathryn McGee, and me.)







I got to meet a lot of new people and was glad to place names with faces or should I say place stories with there creators.  This book is full of wonderfully horrific stories and I am glad to have been a part of it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment