Monday, December 22, 2014

Book Review- Ghost Stories of an Antiquary by M.R. James

M.R. James is one of the many authors I have heard about concerning weird horror literature and I was excited to see a book of his in an Old Town shop in San Diego.  There were, in fact, many of the obscure writers I've heard about but never read, in that store which was hardly even a bookstore.  I also picked up Three Supernatural Classics by Algernon Blackwood, which I will read next.

I enjoyed every story in this book.  There was not a single dull one, and I after I read one, I was excited to quickly read the next.  My two favorites are The Ash-Tree, I have a penchant for witches, and Number 13.  I did not know what to expect concerning this author, though I've heard that he and Blackwood are two of the most famous supernatural writers, and I was quite rewarded for my curiosity.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment