Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Book Review- Savage Menace and Other Poems of Horror by Richard L. Tierney

I freakin loved this book!  The poetry was amazing both context-wise and the way the poems were executed.  I started and finished last night because I couldn't put the book down.  Themes from Lord of the Rings, the King in Yellow, H.P. Lovecraft, Robert E. Howard, and others are rich in this collection.  Brutal and fantastical themes are written in beautiful traditional form.  A few favorites of mine include Shelob, The Passing of Cassilda, Tigers of the Sea, and Visions of Golconda.  This book of poetry was amazing and I wouldn't be surprised if I read it over again a few more times.  The only thing that wasn't to my taste was the humorous cycle, but it was short, and didn't take much away from the rest of the gems in there.

  

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see this book getting a review! I only just stumbled on it. Tierney is definitely one of the modern masters of macabre and weird verse. :)

    ReplyDelete